Opening the garage door whenever there is a power outage in case of emergency will lead you to perform certain steps and necessary actions. Most of the people nowadays opt for the electrical door opening options installed in the garage and during any power outage if they have to go to any important appointment then it becomes quite a hassle. But fortunately, there are several manufacturers of LiftMaster and Chamberlain, who have come up with some new techniques for easily opening the garage door repair Nepean without hampering it.
In case of such inconvenience these are the few steps that you can perform:
- When you are going to open the garage door repair Nepean, then you will need to have a flashlight with yourself. Since there is a power outage so you will be needing sufficient light to open the door.
- Nowadays, most of these electrical door openers come with the cord for an emergency. So when you will be pulling this cord you will disable the trolley which is pulling the door. One needs to slide this cord back.
- You can also use the handle for lifting the door. In most cases lifting the door is very easy and you will have to put very low force, but if the garage door is not well balanced, then you might have to put a lot of pressure for lifting the stubborn spring system. If you are finding it very hard to lift the door then you are getting yourself into bigger trouble. It clearly indicates that you have broken the spring system and you will need the help of the technician.
- After you have taken your car out from the garage you will have to again close this garage door for reconnecting the trolley. After connection, the trolley will get back to its T-shaped stem. In order to check that you have successfully reconnected the door, you will have to look for that click sound.
- If the garage door repair Nepean comes with the side lock then it becomes more convenient because now you can easily lock the door without getting yourself engaged in the process of arranging the door trolley.
- When the power is again restored make sure you are checking the door properly by using the remote control. As you have done everything without any help of a technician so any mishandling can damage the door.
Are you looking for a better solution?
If you want a more convenient solution then you can opt for that battery system door opener and contact LiftMaster and Chamberlain. So if you leave at a place where the chances of power outages are very high then you should opt for the battery system. By using the battery system you are getting the liberty of opening the door 20 times without using the electricity.
These are some few simple steps which you can do for opening the door of a garage during emergency conditions. If the lock system of your garage is very complicated then you will have to call a technician or garage door repair Nepean.